Monday, November 26, 2012

November 26, 2012


Well it sounds like yall are doing soo good.  I love my family, because I know that even though we fight sometimes, we are all always happy and so blessed to be under the same roof.  I love sharing family experiences with investigators and ward members, and I know that it helps them to see how the Gospel can bless them in their lives.

This week was really good.  Although we were unable to have tons of teaching appoints like weeks in the past, we were able to have some pretty powerful experiences.  If I can sum up this week into a few a words, I would say Talk to Everyone! I have realized that the more I slow down and just see what makes people happy, and how I can help them, I have the ability to discern their thoughts and find ways to help them come unto Christ.  I was able to go to The Swamp on Tuesday and walk around the stadium, I was hoping to see a coach or player or something, but no luck.  I would be pretty awesome to come back and play there someday, but it was just an awesome experience and got me excited for college football, and just motivated me to work out that much harder.  Now that I have a pull-up bar, I do like 50 every morning, and I'm up to 200 pushups a day, as well as sit-ups.  So I am noticing a lot more strength coming back now after surgery and stuff.

Thursday, I was able to play football with the Elders in the ward, let me tell you it was LEGIT!  I have not done that in so long and it felt amazing to finally play again.  I was pretty sore on Friday though but it was definitely worth it.  For dinner we did not know what we were going to do for 2 hours before going to dinner at Bishops, so I decided I wanted to meet my neighbors.  So we went around behind our complex and knocked on our back neighbor’s door and she invited us in to eat.  It was awesome.  Elder Lisonbee was just planning on leaving, but I was like wait, can we share a message with you.  So I taught them the restoration, and she said she is open to learning more, so that was a good miracle.  Dinner was soo good, reminded me of being home, cause Bishop's whole family was there, so there were a lot of people.  I took pictures of all the food, so I will send my card home later today. 

Friday we had another conference call, and we went up to the church to do some facebook work, and we broke our key luckily not in the door, none the less it's broken.  After our conference calls, we went to leave and Elder Lisonbee's bike had a flat tire so we had to walk all the way home, which took like all day.  We ended up running into a man who was smoking some marijuana, and we taught him the restoration and word of wisdom.  Right then he pulled out his pipe from his pocket, handed it over to me and said he was done.  So I was gonna keep it and send it home as a remembrance, but now our apartment reeks of weed, so I took some pictures and threw it away :(  it was a good experience though.  Saturday we got our bikes tuned up and now they are running top notch.  We met with Donovan at church and he is solid on his Baptism next Saturday, so we are super excited.  But I love this area, and our ward, everyone is great and feeds us well.  Ohh which reminds me.  We ate with the Breinholts last night.  They are from Orem, he is a wrestler and actually wrestled with Talon Vickers at UVU, I told him how I did at TOC and Tiger, and he was super impressed.  I love this ward.

Well I love yall, I hope to be getting some letters soon, I will send you a little note I made the other day, as well as pictures.  I can’t wait for Christmas, our house is getting pretty decked out with lights and stuff, that were already here.  I love yall hope you have an awesome week.
Love,
--
Elder Spencer Salinas
4209 Sw 71 Ter Apt. B
Gainesville, Florida 32608

No comments:

Post a Comment