Monday, December 17, 2012

December 3, 2012



Well, like Taylor, I had a pretty rough week too.  We only have one solid investigator and that is Donovan.  He is still getting baptized this Saturday, but it almost didn't work out.  He wasn't at church yesterday because his house flooded in sewage.  So we had to get special permission to still be able to baptize him this up coming week.  He is so strong and Satan is working so hard on him.  He can feel it too.  His mom is now taking Sundays off so she can start coming to church, so we might have another investigator after he gets baptized.  We were able to get another media referral this week and we are going to see him tonight.  All our media referrals have not been too promising, so we are hoping that this one turns out good.  Like you Taylor, I have been looking over the last little bit of my mission, and pondering on what I have done, and to me it has felt like not much.  Something that came to mind when I was pondering was, We see tons of people every day, and the Lord has prepared them to hear what we have to tell them.  Now he might not have prepared them to be taught everything we have to offer, or to be baptized on our watch, but they have been prepared to meet us. They now have a portion of our spirit with them, and the seed has been planted.  It might take them until the spirit world to act upon it, but they will act upon it.  I also have been thinking about my testimony, and Donovan said something really interesting last week.  He wanted to bear his testimony this week, and we told him if he came to church he could.  Then he said he didn't want to.  When I asked him why he said he wanted to earn his testimony.  He wants to know without a doubt that it is true.  This has made me question all week if I have earned my testimony.  After testimony meeting, and not getting up to share mine, I came to the conclusion that I have earned mine, but I need to share it to confirm what I believe.  It is one thing to just say it, but by earning it we need to act upon what we believe and live it to the fullest.  I am so grateful for you mom and dad.  I love you so much, and it is your love and support that keep me going each week.  I’m guessing that you got my letter about Mike and Megan.  It has really pulled Elder Lisonbee and I down this week.  I came to the conclusion that it has pulled me down so much because I loved them, and I cared for them, and wanted to see them grow.  Now we are at nothing with them.  They deleted Elder Lisonbee off of Facebook, and they won't answer the door when we come.  It has been a hard experience for me.  On a brighter note, our Stake had a nativity display Fri. Sat. and Sun.  It is so awesome seeing all the depictions of the Nativities, and then to hear the First Presidency Christmas Devotional last night.  I love our Prophets and Apostles.  They are definitely inspired men, and they are all there for a reason.  I hope that his week can turn around and become better, but I know that it is not the people on the area that can decide how my week will turn out, it is me.  My mission is what I make of it, and if I let people get me down, then I am going to have a terrible mission, so I have decided to love everyone I see, but if they don't accept what we have, and know is true, then I need to be positive in knowing that I am glad I know that it is true.

I love yall so much, I pray for you everyday and night, and seek inspiration on your behalf.  I hope yall had a good week and that this week is even better.  It's now December, the Christmas season, let us not forget our Savior and the TRUE meaning of Christmas, look for opportunities to serve others, especially our Savior.  In my letter from President Barry this morning he said, "Have you thought of what gifts you might give the Savior or your Father in Heaven this Christmas? The best gift and ultimately the only gift we can give to God and His Son this Christmas or any Christmas is, OUR WILL. God has given us our agency to choose our own course in this life. He allows us to be enticed by the one or the other, the Holy Ghost or Satan but it is our choice, our decisions, that places us either in the liberty and eternal life side or the misery and death side. You cannot, as much as we try, live in Zion and vacation in Babylon. “No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon”."  

This is so true, and I love this season, and my Savior Jesus Christ.  Love yall!

Love,

Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment