Monday, November 19, 2012

November 5, 2012



Well this was a good week.  Although numbers don’t show, it was a pretty good week.

Monday
So our district leader usually gives us a ride to get groceries on Monday, but they were out of miles so we had to bike to Publix, which is like Albertson's to get stuff for the week.  We don’t have to proselyte until like 6 on Mondays so I just cleaned the apartment and wrote letters all day.  On Monday nights we usually go over to Sister Fragoso's and help her understand the Book of Mormon, and she feeds us. :)  This week we had Cuban sandwiches, Plantains, and Iron Beer.  It was all really good.  But that was pretty much all that happened on Monday.

Tuesday

Tuesday, we were supposed to meet with Mike and Meagan again, but Meagan called us and said not to come.  She thinks that Mike might think the church is true, and he is not ready to change because he is content with how he is.  The said they would come to church but that never happened.  :/ So we are trying really hard to keep in contact with them but it is super tough.  I just pray for them to accept what they are learning and feel a need and desire to change.

Wednesday

Wednesday I had to come to the Library to do some family history thing on the computer.  It was completely pointless.  Anyways, I had the impression to stop by Vincent's house as we were passing his complex to see if we could catch him.  He ended up being there and it was his birthday.  He now has a phone so we have been staying in good contact with him, which is awesome.  His dad is a member in Williston, which is really close to us, he is actually in our stake so we are going to give him a call this week to see if we can all meet together and teach Vincent.  Pretty stoked.  We also got a media referral today, and we went to the guys house and he wasn’t home, but his name was John Doe, so we don’t know if it is a real referral or not.  Since it was Halloween we had to be in pretty early, so we were home by 7:30 and just hung out the rest of the night and planned.

Thursday

We had a Zone Conference on Thursday and it was AMAZING!!!  I learned a lot on how to be a more effective missionary, and how to make better plans and get people to church and pretty much everything I have been missing, or that my trainer has failed to teach me thus far.  We have such awesome Zone Leaders. Elder Grant and Elder Bishop just know everything and I wanna learn it all.  So after Zone Conference we all got new phones, so now we have touch screens and my trainer doesn’t know how to use it so now I have the phone and I use it all the time, it is SOOO effective, and makes me wonder why we never used it.  After this we had the opportunity to receive some training from President Barry.  It was 4th week training, so I was able to see a couple of people who flew in the same day as me.  They all still seem a little lost, but I know they will start learning faster.  But we had dinner with Sister Trench when we got home, and we had tilapia, and some funky scallop potatoes, it wasn’t the best, but it was food.

Friday

Friday could not have gone better.  It was Weekly Planning, and after the training we had received on Thursday I was prepared for today.  I pretty much took over everything and we had the most effective, planned out focused weekly planning.  It was awesome.  I have been kinda leading our companionship since Thursday.  But in the middle of Weekly Planning we had a 4th week conference call and it was pretty good.  We all shared our testimonies and miracles and stuff it was good.  After that we had an appointment set up with a gal we had contacted a week earlier, and we called her and she said she was working, but her roommate Blaine would be there.  So we went over there and we taught Blaine the Restoration and he understood it and accepted it and stuff.  We were supposed to come back the next day to teach Shanik, the gal we had the appointment with, but she called us and was like I didn’t know you were trying to convert us, so we aren’t interested, so we aren’t sure about how that is going.  That night we had dinner with Sebastian and Sister Neal.  We found out that even though he has been reading the Book of Mormon, he doesn’t understand what he is reading.  There is no way he can know it is true if he doesn’t understand.  So we are trying to find someone to help him with it.  Interesting fact I learned at Zone Conference. "Only 1 in every 20 investigators gains a spiritual witness that the Book of Mormon is true while reading it by themselves."  So we are finding mentors for all our investigators to help them understand.  Anyways, we invited Sebastian to church, and he said yes, but only if we went to Mass with him.  SOOOO we agreed.

Saturday

Saturday we had a church tour setup, but no one showed up to it, so we were pretty bummed, but I talked to Brother Meacham, who is the ward mission leader, about sports and school and stuff.  He was a wrestler and he is a dentist, so we have a lot in common. Other than this, we didn’t get much accomplished. :/

Sunday

So we went to Mass on Sunday before our regular meetings, and it was, well different, and not what I remember it being when I was a little kid.  It's like a big party, and all the little kids run up there every 10 min to give the pastor a high five, I just could not feel the spirit as hard as I tried.  But Sebastian did come to church and I bore my testimony towards him on Sunday.  We had dinner with some members, The Hymas family.  He is a Cardiologist resident, and is pretty smart.  They are really nice.  We invited them to do missionary work and to hand out a Book of Mormon in the next month, so we will see how that goes.  On our way home we had the impression to stop by Sebastian's house, Sister Neal works at night.  So we went over there, and it was like 8:00, and asked if we could help him understand what he is reading.   So we started reading with him and he is understanding a lot more.  He was just super confused when Nephi teaches from Isaiah and stuff.  So we had a good week and I am so ready for this week.

In my personal studies, I started reading the Book of Mormon about 2 weeks ago, and I am halfway through Alma, the Book of Mormon is awesome.  I understand it a lot better and my testimony of it grows more and more every day.  I love this gospel and the church I am firmly rooted in.  I know Jesus Christ is my Savior and that he did die for me, and that he loves me so much, even so much to suffer for everything I have done wrong, and will ever do wrong in my life.  I know that God has a plan for me, and that I am here to help others understand that plan, I am here to help others feel the same joy I do towards God and Jesus Christ.  I want them to be able to live with their families forever, as well as all my friends and people back home, who have not heard our message.  I love where I am at, and I am so grateful for my mission. I am grateful for the ability it has had to open my eyes and surely gain a testimony of my faith.  I know I can say without any doubt that The Book of Mormon is True, Joseph Smith restored the fullness of the gospel Jesus Chris to the Earth today, and that we have living prophets today to guide us.  I have a Testimony of the priesthood, and the power that I hold, as well as every other worth holder.  I love my family, and I know that  (Spencer ran out of time on his computer and hurried and hit send so we would get his letter this week.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment