Monday, November 26, 2012

November 20, 2012


Happy Tuesday family!!!  It sounds like yall had a wonderful week, and we are all finally starting to see the miracles of missionary works.  I loved the package I got yesterday, just in time for the Turkey Bowl on Thursday!!!  Thanks for the card as well. I knew that you would finally get an IPhone, and when Grant put that picture on my camera card I knew it wasn't his.  That is so awesome to hear all the new mission calls, and Aubrey, that was pretty cool too.  As for me, this week went by extremely fast and it is hard to remember everything that happened.  Last Monday after emails we went to the Zoo and it was pretty lame, now I know why I'm not a nature person, cause animals are pretty boring.  Anyways after that we went and got our food for the week and stuff and looked at a Gator store.  When we got home I cut my own hair, and not gonna lie it looks pretty BOSS, and I can still part it.

This week we have been teaching a couple of people.  We met with Donovan, and I set a baptismal date with him.  He is getting baptized on Dec. 8th and I am so excited for him.  He wants to change so bad, and we came to church this Sunday, and he felt the spirit so strong.  President and Sister Barry spoke in our ward this week and they always do so well, and Donovan felt like it was directed straight to him.  So we are excited for him, keep him in yall’s prayers.

One of the things that Bishop has asked us to do is revise the ward roster, so we have been going and finding all the people that have moved out or don't want their names on the records anymore.  We have been able to take the roster from 480 members to now it is at 372.  So we have been doing work.  We had the opportunity to teach Mike and Megan again, and found out that Megan's family is all members in Utah, and she is the only one in her family that is not a member, so she doesn't want them to know that she is taking the lessons, because she doesn't want them to overload on her.  So we are having to take it slow with them and hope that after the Holidays that they will move closer to baptism. 

Another one of our emphasis this week has been finding through the members.  So we have been meeting with 7 different members each week to set a date with them to invite someone in their home to hear the message of the restoration.  Right now we are up to about 8 dates set, and so we have like 8 future appointments set with lessons, it's exciting.  Our ward is so great and willing to do missionary work, it’s awesome.  So I challenge yall to set a date to invite someone in our home with the missionaries, I know that if you just pick an inspired date, the Lord will do the rest in making sure it will happen on that day.  Now with all this extra time of no High School wrestling, you should be able to.   :)

So like I said, we had President and Sister Barry speak to us, we also had interviews that were awesome.  I guess Elder Lisonbee said that I was the best planner in the mission, so I was tested on it, and President and Sister agree.  So that made me super happy.  I talked to President about not being able to teach very much and stuff, and he said he would talk to Elder Lisonbee about that.  We then had dinner at Bishops house, and he is SUPER rich, and has a mansion, so it was an awesome dinner.  He invited us over for Thanksgiving as well, so you don't have to worry about me getting a good meal momma.

So I don't remember if I told you or not, but I started the Book of Mormon about 3 weeks ago, and I finished it last night.  That was the first time that I have ever fully understood everything I have read, and let me tell you, it is so, so true.  It has guided me along so much these past weeks, and I know that there is no other book out there that is more true than the Book of Mormon, and I just want everyone to read it for themselves.  Now I'm starting it over and marking ALL the doctrine of Christ, so Faith, Repentance, Baptism, receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the End.  I am so excited to take on this challenge and show you my rainbow Book of Mormon when I get home.

It's crazy how fast time flies, I've already been out away from you for 2 months, and I've been here in Florida for 6 weeks.  I know it's where I need to be and I am finally seeing that.  I know that this church is true, and that it is the only true church, because it is Christ’s restored church.  I know that it was restored by Joseph Smith and that he did translate the Book of Mormon, it is so awesome to read about the wars and trials and faith that these ancient people had, and to just know that it really happened.  I know that it is only through faith in Christ, and repentance, which I am so grateful for, because I use it every single day, but I know that it is through that and baptism that we can return to the Celestial Kingdom.  I have dreams rather often of all of us sitting together for eternity in the Celestial Kingdom.  I know that families are ordained of God and that we need them to succeed in this life.  I love you all, and this is the testimony which is in me, and which grows constantly every day.   And I say this in our Savior Jesus Christ name,  Amen.

Well it’s on to a new week, crazy that the Holidays are already here.  I'm gettin bigger and stronger in spirit and physically every day.  I want to get a pull up bar and I need some new bike tubes cause mine don't hold air, so I was gonna buy them today mom, I should have enough in my account, like 50 dollars but if you could put just a little bit more in that would be great.  Now that I have my cleats, and gloves, thank you Grant, all I need is a ball and my tees.  Ohh and did yall get my letter I sent, should I just send you Morgan and Taylor's letter and have yall send it to them.   I love yall so much and I pray for you!

Elder Spencer Salinas

No comments:

Post a Comment