Monday, December 17, 2012

December 17, 2012


Holy Cow, it has already been another week, and it was a slow one.  Being in the campus area, everyone is out of town so we have not been able to find anyone, we have one investigator, and we are teaching him tonight, so hopefully we can schedule a baptism date with him.  We had our Mission Christmas party on Thursday, and it was sooo good, you aren't gonna believe this, but I did sing in the choir, and it was alright, my companion said I should probably never sing again, but hey he has focused his life on music his whole life, and me in sports..... yeah we all know I made the right choice. ;)  Anyways, it was a blast catching up with Elder Ales, Largo and Belliston.  I asked them if they were ready to train in January and they all said no.   I felt bad that I was the only one who is confident enough to train.  Like I told you mom, I am senior companion this week.  Since it is week 11, the trainee has to take the lead in ALL activities, which I have been doing the entire time because my companion has no motivation.  But Since I took the lead this week, I made him get up and go for a run this morning, it was the first time he has done that since my 3rd week out. Usually I just lift my 25lb weight while he sleeps.  But he worked out this morning, and said it was the best morning he has had in a while.

Anyways, on Tuesday we had to set up all the Christmas lights in the church for the ward party.  It took us 3 hours so our Tuesday went down the drain.  On Wednesday our 1st counselor in the Bishopric decided to take down all the lights to play basketball and called us at 8 on Thursday to go set them back up.  We were pretty mad because we had to get to Jacksonville that day too.  So we got them up and everything was good, but boy were we mad.

About Donovan, I was on a tradeoff when they went and saw him, and he now has 50-50 custody of his daughter, and he is working towards full in the next 6 months.  He didn’t come to church and his phone is disconnected, so we are gonna have to go see him this week.  We have not started to teach his mom yet :/  Our relief society president is a returned missionary, so she does missionary work like crazy.  She introduced us to 4 families, who I think can be baptized within the next month.  So there is a lot of hope for this area.  Our Ward party was catered, and I ate so much, I am at a solid 189, and most of it is because I work out every day.  you should see my shoulders, they are huge, and I don't care if Grant is a solid 200, he knows just as well as I do that I can take him any day, and he is still scared of me. ;)  But I love how motivated he is to work out, I wish I would have been more dedicated to it.  Has he gotten anymore recruiting calls?

As for my Christmas gifts, I loved them soo much, I think I love the picture from McCall the most.  I hang all of them up above my study desk.  The GPS works great, the only thing is that it didn’t save the address in the favorites, so it wouldn’t mark them on the map.  So I still had to manually do them all.  But it was not that bad.  Thank you so much for the Ipod and sound case, I cannot wait to use it.  There is just one thing.  I need a cord to charge the Ipod with, because I don’t have one here at the apartment, so I don’t have a way to listen to the music.  I got a package from Grandma Mann, and it was full of delicious candy and it makes me feel more at home, thank you so much Grandma :)

I am so excited to hear about all these friends leaving and what not, I am so glad that Brandon and I were the first to go, because now I get to see them home and be that first person that every ones mom goes off of, kinda like how Kwenton comes home and the Tyler, I am gonna be that first one, as well as the one to set the example, just like my patriarchal blessing says.

Well I know for Christmas, I am going to the Mechams for lunch and skyping around 2, then at 4 I am going to an investigators house for dinner.  So I am excited for that.  GEEEZe, like I said this mission is going by so fast, If I train come January, in like 2 weeks by the end of that I will already have a 1/4 of my mission gone.  That’s CRAZY.  I know it is gonnna fly by for yall because you have a lot to keep you busy, as do I.  I love this work, and I am glad to be a servant in the Lords hands.

Oh one more thing, I has given a challenge by president Barry, he said to get a new Book of Mormon and then mark every time is says or refers to Jesus Christ, and in a different color highlight all of his spoken or quoted words, and then in another color highlight the attributes of being Christ like, and finally in one other color highlight all the doctrine of Christ.  I had already started to highlight all the DoC in my leather Book of Mormon, and now starting this other challenge has helped me to see and more fully understand the Book of Mormon.

I love you all so much, and I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and do well in school.  Please look for opportunities to serve, share the gospel and share your testimony.  I know that it will not only help and strengthen you, but it will help bring others unto Christ.  It is so easy this time of year.  I challenge each of you, from today until the end of the year to share your testimony with 4 people, or 4 families.  I promise the Lord will bless you.  Ohh and I will be following up on this with yall.

Love you lots,

Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment