Monday, October 22, 2012

October 22, 2012


Uhhh this was such a hard week.  All of our plans that we made everyday fell through.  Almost every door we knocked on no one was home, and no one answered.  It is just a tough area.  Everyone just feels like they are already close enough to Jesus.  I don't know what to do.  All our members are never home so it is hard to contact with them to find people through them.  It just looks like it was an all around bad week for everyone.  I really hope things can change.

Tuesday-
On Tuesday I was soooo stressed out, which knowing me never happens.  I could not concentrate or study or anything.  I then realized how messy the house was.  Apparently no one ever used their P-Day time to clean the house so it was NASTY.  I found so many huge bugs and stains and just crap around the house.  I spent the whole day cleaning because I came across a scripture about the Holy Ghost only resides in clean places.  So that's how Tuesday went.  We also went to a lady’s house who we were referred to and she asked if we were Mormon.  We responded yes and she immediately slammed her screen door and said you can leave because I have to go watch the debate and vote for Obama.  If only people knew we were not here to talk politics.  Some members called us that night and they thought they had us for dinner but they really had us for Wednesday. So we got fed both nights.

Wednesday-
Wednesday was a slow day nothing happened. The only thing we did was go to the Carvers house and they fed us Chicken and dumplings.  It was sooo good.  We also had the opportunity to teach Charlie.  He lives with the Carver's, and we are hoping to baptize him.  He just needs to figure out that there is only one true church and that it is ours.  He, just like all in the south, believe that all Christian churches are true.  He is reading the Book of Mormon.  I hope it works out with him.

Thursday-
Thursday I had to get my bike fixed.  There is a huge hill in our area and it leads up to Halle Plantation, a little community in the area, and the path is super bumpy and stuff.  Yeah with my luck I wrecked and blew out the wheel.  Soo I had to get that fixed.  We went and stopped by Vincent's house, he has been having a rough week, and he doesn't have a phone, so we can’t stay in day to day contact with him.  He cancelled all our appointments and said to stop by next week.  I hope he hasn't lost sight yet.  I went on an exchange with Elder Chadwick.  He has been out just one transfer longer than me and we are going on another one tomorrow.  He is young and doesn't know a lot so I hope it goes well because we are going into their area tomorrow. 

To wrap up the week, Friday nothing happened all we had was a conference call with all the new elders.  It went well although I didn't have much to share.  Everyone seems to be doing really good.  Saturday was game day, so no one will even talk to you because they are focused on the Gators, so this was the day I got my bike fixed.  I hate my bike by the way hahaha.  Sunday we had stake conference, and it was really good.  It was the first one I didn't sleep through any of it.  This should be a good week.  We have the ward Trunk or Treat and hopefully people bring their non member friends.  Oh and most importantly, we got a phone call from a member in the area and said that we would be able to teach this family he set us up to teach.  So we could potentially have 5 baptisms by the middle of November.  Pray for miracles please. 




  • What do the members feed you?

We have a lot of pizza and sandwiches
I have had Pasta, Homemade Macaroni, Roast Beef, Chicken and Dumplings, and some Seafood dish last night that was really really good.

  • Was there a home game Saturday?  If so, what was the excitement like?

I am not right on campus, but the town shuts down and no one will talk to you, so it kinda stinks for us haha

  • How is the weather?

The weather is aweasome, No rain or huge amount of heat.  Just perfect weather.

  • Have you seen any weird reptiles or animals?

All I have seen are dead animals on the road.  I have seen armadillos, snakes, a possum, and like 3 dead alligators on the road.  Ohh and there are TONS of lizards all over the place.  When I cleaned our house I found like 6 HUGE cockroaches... NASTY!   Thats about it though.



I love you all and hope yall get better soon.  Keep me informed.  I'm trying to work hard but it is soo tough.   This area is tough but I love you all.  Have a great week!

Love, 
Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment