Wednesday, October 3, 2012

September 28, 2012

Hey Mom & Family,

So before I forget, I want to let you know what is wrong with my stuff.  On my backpack one of the strap things is ripping off, and I only take it to class and my room.  So IDK what is up with that.  My pants, the front button is falling off and th pocket is ripping out.  I only war them on Sundays, Tuesday Nights and Wednesday to temple so IDK why they are like that.

Anyways, thanks for talking to me on Wednesday (we were emailing)  Sorry about you not getting my emails until late.  Just to clarify, my P-Day is on Wednesday and I can start writing at 12:30 when I start laundry.  So sorry for the confusion.  Please keep sending dear elders and stuff.  I love them.  Could you send me Rich's address.  I need it ASAP.  Pretty much everything is the same.  I like to lift and play volleyball on my gym time.  Elder Toomalatai is really good so I play with him.  I have only had 1 bowl of cereal here because the other food is better.  I feel so much heavier and stronger but I keep forgetting to weigh.  They gym only has 50 lb weights so most of it is just repping out.  But I am getting back into shape.

Tell Grant to actually pay attention when you guys read the scriptures cause he told me he wasn't (HA)  Oh, and tell him I didn't find the whole homecoming thing amusing.  I hope you got my last letter because it was full of good stuff.  Just dear elder me and let me know hwen you get it please.

I just took a picture with Elder Steele.  I should probably be doing my personal study right now, but it's Friday and I am just feelin' it.  I can only think about game day and college football!  Hahaha, but oh well.  I found an elder in my zone who wrestled for Box Elder so I finally got to wrestle someone the other night.  It was awesome!  Tell Taylor to email me on Monday so I can email him back.  I love getting stuff, letters, dear elders and treats.. I only have one more week here so let people know!!!  :)

Tell dad to study Alma 13:27-30 and Alma 334:34-41.  I took on the role or "grandma" as my role play investigator and the missionaries read me this and I think it would help her if gone about in a constructive manner.

Well, I love you all!  Do what is right!

Love,

Elder Spencer Salinas

(Fia Fia)
Samoan for HAPPY!


September 26, 2012


So the first week here has been really good!!! I have made so many friends and had so many good experiences.  My letter I sent the other day has a recap of what has happened up until Sunday so I will just start with Monday.  Monday we started TRC training and we had to teach a less active member and it was really good.  I have already learned how to teach by the spirit and let Him do the work.  I have learned how to study and find scriptures on what to teach.  We don’t get to see the less active again but we also taught a member referral and it went really good.  We invited him to read the Book of Mormon and pray about to know it’s true and also to pray to know how to return unto Christ and live with Him.  We are following up with him tomorrow so I’ll let yall know how that goes later on this week.
I saw Brig Steele today and I have been taking pictures like crazy with everyone I have met and run into from home.  I by far have the most friends here in the MTC. J   But to get back to the experiences, Monday an elder who is really out going and funny, (typical black dude, hahaha) was sitting on a chair with his companion crying and we didn’t know why.  So Elder Toomalatia and I went over to him and just asked about what was wrong and the spirit spoke to us and this elder just opened up and poured out his heart and let us know everything that was going on, and I don’t know what I said, but whatever it was it helped so much, he was on a spiritual high for the last two days.  He ended up leaving this morning. 
So how are things at home?  I LOVED the pictures yall sent me. That’s crazy how smoky it is -__-  tell M'Kay that I’ll write him but there is literally like no time. That last letter I sent home took me like 4 days to write.  ohh I must tell you.... there are soooo many sweet spirits here and I am a guy still so its hard to resist looking at them ha A.K.A (pretty girls/sisters) 
My district is awesome I have Austin Ales from Sac. Cali,  Tyler Largo from Cortez Co. Thomas Belliston from Logan Ut. Dallin Johnson from Lehi Ut. Elder Toomalatia from the islands ha Elder Havener from Texas, Elder Wendt from Delaware Elder Candland from Maryland my companion Nathan Craven from Tremonton Ut.  Elder Craven is the D.L.  Elder Largo and Ales are the Z.L's so I am the Sr. Comp. :)  Everyone says that I am so outgoing and fun to be around- -I love my district.  It is so much fun here but I am ready to leave.  I want to get out and be in Florida.  But I can wait.  I probably should tell you more but I don’t know what else to say so if I remember I will write yall later this week.
I love and pray for yall every day and I hope you guys can do good with your reading.  When you’re reading, stop every 5 verses and just talk about what you read you will find you will all get so much more out of what you are reading and if you pray before hand and ask for the spirit to be with you and then read with a real intent and sincerely look for answers to what you are wanting to find, you will be overcome with blessings and the best way to remember what you learned is to teach it.  After reading the scriptures search Preach My Gospel and teach grandma.  Trust me, her heart will be turned. She knows the doctrine and she believes everything we need to get her work done now before she passes on and I know this can happen while I’m gone.  Don’t tell her what she is missing out on like our weddings and stuff tell her what she has to gain tell her we don’t want to wait for her in the celestial kingdom we want her to be waiting for us and to welcome us into the kingdom.  I could sit here and explain so much but that would take too long.  Let Pres. Smith know that a letter is in the process and he will be updated by next week for sure.  I love the gospel and the people of the world.  The church is true and i know we have the ability to save people.  I have confidence in the spirit. 
Much love and stay safe,  tell Grant to score a TD this week! I love yall and miss you but my heart and head is in the work. Oh tell McCall my district and I love the pics she drew :) And Richy sent me a package with a liter of DP and Mt Dew and a Monster, hot cheetos, skittles, and starbursts :) Write back soon! I want an update from everyone

Aloha,

Elder Spencer Marc Salinas

No comments:

Post a Comment